This time, I stayed with the same crop and fiddled a bit with the exposure, slightly reducing the offset and increasing the exposure giving it a summer sparkle.
I listened to Stacey at Lensaddiction and the other half of myself when I reduced the contrast just a little to show up the brick texture, then smart sharpened it by 54%. An increase in the color saturation by 20% gave a lift to the edifice along with a tune-up of the shadows and highlights which emphasized the angled planes of the balconies.
Lore from Snow Fissures And Fractures had the idea that the sky could use some attention and I agree. So, after playing for way too long on it and having it always look so fake, I decided to cut out the sky that was there and replace it with a sky I had photographed a couple years ago in Andover, Ma. I liked it and it really went well with all the reflected blue in the windows.
I really spent a lot of time on a couple of other edits which, in the end, I just deleted because they were not what I wanted at all, but I feel this one was worth the effort and I did learn some things, particularly about the process of cutting out a shape and replacing it with the same shape from another photo.